McKenna announces presidential initiative at June 23 kickoff event
CHICAGO — Attorney General Rob McKenna will announce his 2011-2012 presidential initiative to combat human trafficking nationwide at a June 23 launch event in Chicago following his installation as president of the National Association of Attorneys General (NAAG).
Flanked by members of his hand-picked leadership council, McKenna will lead a panel discussion on the “Pillars of Hope: Attorneys General United against Human Trafficking” starting at 8 a.m. Central time.
Media are welcome and a conference call line is available for those reporters unable to join the panel in person. The panel will also be video-recorded and available to view online at www.naag.org later in the day.
Launch of the “Pillars of Hope” Presidential Initiative to combat human trafficking
- Washington Attorney General Rob McKenna, 2011-12 NAAG President
- North Carolina Attorney General Roy Cooper, 2010-11 NAAG President
- Ken Thompson, Senior Vice President and Global Chief Legal Officer, LexisNexis Legal & Professional
- Massachusetts Attorney General Martha Coakley, Leadership Council
- Alice Hill, Senior Counselor to the Secretary of the U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security
- Mary Anderson, Senior Advisor to Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan, Leadership Council
- Indiana Attorney General Greg Zoeller, Leadership Council
- Shamere McKenzie, a youth trafficking survivor
8 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. Central time on Thursday, June 23 (Program starts at 8 a.m. Question and answer begins at approximately 9 a.m. Continental breakfast at 7:30 a.m.)
The Drake Hotel in Chicago, French Room, Ballroom Level
REPORTER CONFERENCE LINE:
Note: Phone participants will be muted until the question-and-answer portion of the panel discussion. Once phones are unmuted, please be respectful of others on the line by minimizing noise and avoiding subjecting others to your hold music if you have to take another call.
To receive press credentials to cover this event, please contact Marjorie Tharp, NAAG director of communications at (202) 714-8559 or email email@example.com.
-- 30 --
Marjorie Tharp, NAAG director of communications, (202) 714-8559
Janelle Guthrie, Washington AGO Communications Director, (360) 586-0725