FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 07, 2005
OLYMPIA –Attorney General Rob McKenna today announced updates to his series of Open Government Forums, including:
- Rescheduling the Tacoma forum to Oct. 10 from 7 to 8:30 p.m.; and
- Adding a forum in the Tri-Cities on Sept. 22 from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
McKenna’s Open Government Forums, co-sponsored by major daily newspapers in 13 cities across Washington, are designed to accomplish three goals:
1. Receive public testimony to assist the Office of Attorney General in developing a set of model rules that will guide state agencies and local governments in facilitating requests for public records.
2. Increase public awareness of the new, stronger public records laws approved during the 2005 legislative session.
3. Bring people who seek access to government information together with those who are charged with providing it, in an effort to find common ground and build trust.
The revised Open Government Forum schedule is as follows:
- 7 to 8:30 pm on Tuesday, July 26: Olympic College Theater, 1600 Chester Ave. in Bremerton, Kitsap Sun hosting
- 7 to 8:30 pm on Tuesday, Aug. 16: Yakima Valley Community College – HUB activity rm., corner of 16th and West Nob Hill Blvd., Herald-Republic hosting
- 7 to 8:30 pm on Wednesday, Aug. 17: Wenatchee Valley College Theater, 1300 Fifth St., Wenatchee World hosting
- 7 to 8:30 pm on Tuesday, Aug. 23: Everett Community College – Jackson Conf. Rm., 2000 Tower St., The Herald hosting
- 7 to 8:30 pm on Wednesday, Aug. 24: Grays Harbor College, Joseph A. Malik Admin. Bldg., Rm. #220, 1620 Edward P. Smith Dr. in Aberdeen, The Daily World hosting
- 7 to 8:30 pm on Wednesday, Sept. 7: Lower Columbia College Student Center, 1600 Maple in Longview, The Daily News hosting
- 7 to 8:30 pm on Tuesday, Sept. 20: Skagit Valley College cafeteria, 2405 East College Way in Mt. Vernon, Skagit Valley Herald hosting
- 6:30 to 8 pm on Thursday, Sept. 22: Columbia Basin College Theater, Tri-City Herald hosting
- 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm on Wednesday, Sept. 28: NW Museum of Art and Culture, Eric A. Johnston Memorial Auditorium, 2316 W. First Ave. in Spokane, Spokesman-Review hosting
- 7 to 8:30 pm on Monday, Oct. 3: Capitol Campus, House Hearing Room A, in the John L. O’Brien Building in Olympia, The Olympian hosting
- 7 to 8:30 pm on Wednesday, Oct. 5: WSU Vancouver Auditorium, 14204 NE Salmon Creek Ave., The Columbian hosting
- 7 to 8:30 pm on Monday, Oct. 10: The News Tribune Baker Conference Rooms, 1950 South State Street, The News Tribune hosting
- 7 to 8:30 pm on Tuesday, Oct. 11: Washington State Convention and Trade Center, Room 4C-2 in Seattle, Seattle Times hosting
For more information, please contact Media Relations Director Janelle Guthrie at 360-586-0725 or firstname.lastname@example.org